Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

How to recover serial number

How do I find a serial number of my stolen and now offline iPad?

iPad Air 2

Posted on May 18, 2023 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2023 3:54 AM

To find your iPad serial number, simply sign-in to your AppleID account from any computer using a web-browser:

https://appleid.apple.com

Having signed-in, open the Devices tab. Here you will find an entry for every device associated with your AppleID; tap the related entry to see full technical details of the device - including Serial Numbers and IMEI/MEID of Cellular devices.

As for your iPad being lost or stolen, the following information may be useful:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2023 3:54 AM in response to Kezna

To find your iPad serial number, simply sign-in to your AppleID account from any computer using a web-browser:

https://appleid.apple.com

Having signed-in, open the Devices tab. Here you will find an entry for every device associated with your AppleID; tap the related entry to see full technical details of the device - including Serial Numbers and IMEI/MEID of Cellular devices.

As for your iPad being lost or stolen, the following information may be useful:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

How to recover serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.