HOW CAN I INSTALL LATEST VERSION OF ITUNES

how to download latest version of itunes on my pc

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 18, 2023 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2023 4:05 AM

You can download iTunes for Windows 10 from iTunes - Apple

On that page you will see a Get it from Microsoft button. That will download the slightly different version from Microsoft (but it's still Apple's iTunes). If you scroll down the page to the very small text beneath the picture of the laptop, that says Looking for other versions? Mac Windows, you can download the version directly from Apple. One specific difference is that the version from Microsoft updates automatically. With the Apple version, you have to tap a button to get the updates.

I notice that your signature strip says Windows 6. Although it's not always correct (well, it's never correct since there was no "Windows 6"), it often indicates that Windows 7 or Windows 8 is installed on your computer. If you have Windows 7 (or Windows 8) installed, the most recent version of iTunes that you can use is 12.10.11.2 and the 64bit version can be downloaded from iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit).

If you need the 32bit version, go to this discussion; i need to download itunes for Windows 7 P… - Apple Community and click on the link to the 32bit version mentioned by turingtest2 in his post.

Be aware that the older version of iTunes needed for Windows 7 cannot work with the most recent iPhones etc. that have iOS 15 or later on them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2023 4:05 AM in response to prashanna208

You can download iTunes for Windows 10 from iTunes - Apple

On that page you will see a Get it from Microsoft button. That will download the slightly different version from Microsoft (but it's still Apple's iTunes). If you scroll down the page to the very small text beneath the picture of the laptop, that says Looking for other versions? Mac Windows, you can download the version directly from Apple. One specific difference is that the version from Microsoft updates automatically. With the Apple version, you have to tap a button to get the updates.

I notice that your signature strip says Windows 6. Although it's not always correct (well, it's never correct since there was no "Windows 6"), it often indicates that Windows 7 or Windows 8 is installed on your computer. If you have Windows 7 (or Windows 8) installed, the most recent version of iTunes that you can use is 12.10.11.2 and the 64bit version can be downloaded from iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit).

If you need the 32bit version, go to this discussion; i need to download itunes for Windows 7 P… - Apple Community and click on the link to the 32bit version mentioned by turingtest2 in his post.

Be aware that the older version of iTunes needed for Windows 7 cannot work with the most recent iPhones etc. that have iOS 15 or later on them.

HOW CAN I INSTALL LATEST VERSION OF ITUNES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.