Passcode has not been changed and phone is not accepting it

I’m lost on how to fix this, there’s no way I have changed my passcode yet it’s not working

Posted on May 18, 2023 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2023 11:40 AM

The passcode does not change itself. If you didn't change it, then someone else did. But, no matter what really happened, at this point you will need to reset the iPhone and then set it up again.

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher, you can use the instructions linked just below which will not require the use of a Mac or PC:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you are not sure which operating system is installed on your iPhone, please use the link below, which will require the use of a Mac or PC.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2023 11:40 AM in response to nourah_

The passcode does not change itself. If you didn't change it, then someone else did. But, no matter what really happened, at this point you will need to reset the iPhone and then set it up again.

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher, you can use the instructions linked just below which will not require the use of a Mac or PC:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you are not sure which operating system is installed on your iPhone, please use the link below, which will require the use of a Mac or PC.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

Passcode has not been changed and phone is not accepting it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.