Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

How can I print a 3 1/2 in card if it always selects Letter size and gives me no options

How can I print f on iPad a card 3 1/2 inches if it doesn’t give an option to change Letter

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 18, 2023 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2023 2:54 PM

Start here:

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

When using AirPrint, the available print options - including page size - are advertised by your printer. When using the print dialogue on your iPad, you can only select from the advertised options.

Some printers can detect the media that is loaded in one or more of its paper trays, others may have settings that must be set from the printers controls, by accessing a built-in web server using a web browser, or using a companion App supplied by the printer manufacturer. By example, HP’s AirPrint printers can be managed using the HP Smart App.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2023 2:54 PM in response to DVal2002

Start here:

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

When using AirPrint, the available print options - including page size - are advertised by your printer. When using the print dialogue on your iPad, you can only select from the advertised options.

Some printers can detect the media that is loaded in one or more of its paper trays, others may have settings that must be set from the printers controls, by accessing a built-in web server using a web browser, or using a companion App supplied by the printer manufacturer. By example, HP’s AirPrint printers can be managed using the HP Smart App.

How can I print a 3 1/2 in card if it always selects Letter size and gives me no options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.