App Store Purchase Issues

Hello! I used my Apple ID to subscribe App Store's App "OpenAI ChatGPT" but it showed that I can't buy.

Could you please help me solve the problem?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 19, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 4:06 PM

Hi eatylus,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "I used my Apple ID to subscribe App Store's App "OpenAI ChatGPT" but it showed that I can't buy. Could you please help me solve the problem?"

News was that it was available for iOS on the App Store.

You may need the latest iOS 16.4.1 or iOS 16.4.1a on iPhone.

Looked for "OpenAI ChatGPT" in the App Store, but it is not showing at all on my Mac. Maybe it is not compatible with the device you are using either.

This (link below) would seem to be the developer's website:

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt

says:

"We are excited to introduce ChatGPT to get users’ feedback and learn about its strengths and weaknesses. During the research preview, usage of ChatGPT is free. Try it now at chat.openai.com."

So, possibly ChatGPT may still be in the research stage ?

One news outlet said it was only available in US at the moment, other countries may have access later.

You could contact App Store Support if you wish:

There is a "Get Support" link (or use the support app) at the bottom of their webpage (link below).

App Store - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2023 4:06 PM in response to eatylus

Hi eatylus,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "I used my Apple ID to subscribe App Store's App "OpenAI ChatGPT" but it showed that I can't buy. Could you please help me solve the problem?"

News was that it was available for iOS on the App Store.

You may need the latest iOS 16.4.1 or iOS 16.4.1a on iPhone.

Looked for "OpenAI ChatGPT" in the App Store, but it is not showing at all on my Mac. Maybe it is not compatible with the device you are using either.

This (link below) would seem to be the developer's website:

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt

says:

"We are excited to introduce ChatGPT to get users’ feedback and learn about its strengths and weaknesses. During the research preview, usage of ChatGPT is free. Try it now at chat.openai.com."

So, possibly ChatGPT may still be in the research stage ?

One news outlet said it was only available in US at the moment, other countries may have access later.

You could contact App Store Support if you wish:

There is a "Get Support" link (or use the support app) at the bottom of their webpage (link below).

App Store - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

App Store Purchase Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.