How to connect two displays to my MacBook Air?

I need to connect two displays to my Air. My work bought this stupid thing; I own a Pro. Why isn't there a simple hack for two monitors????????

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air

Posted on May 19, 2023 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 4:06 PM

LB-Coherent2023 wrote:

I need to connect two displays to my Air. My work bought this stupid thing; I own a Pro. Why isn't there a simple hack for two monitors????????

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

More information here: Connect one or more external displays with your Mac - Apple Support

Please note:

"For Mac computers with the Apple M1 Chip: You can connect a single external display to your Mac. Docks don’t increase the number of displays you can connect."

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2023 4:06 PM in response to Community User

LB-Coherent2023 wrote:

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

More information here: Connect one or more external displays with your Mac - Apple Support

Please note:

"For Mac computers with the Apple M1 Chip: You can connect a single external display to your Mac. Docks don’t increase the number of displays you can connect."

May 19, 2023 11:08 AM in response to Community User

LB-Coherent2023 wrote:

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Ask work to buy you a 4K, 5K, or 6K monitor, then. Enormous monitors have gotten cheaper.

LG has a 49” DQHD(5120 x 1440) that might work here: check with LG about compatibility.

Or a 42” LG 4K OLED TV, as the LG OLEDs are marvelous displays.

McBook Air M2 can drive one external 6K via Thunderbolt.

Above comparison from Wikipedia.

May 19, 2023 10:46 AM in response to Community User

Because a MacBook Air is a lower priced entry level Mac. It has entry-level hardware. It cannot physically power 2 monitors with the GPU it has.

There's no way to hack the hardware short of magic to support a second monitor. Also, this being an official Apple forum, hacks are not supported and actively discouraged.

Complain to your work for buying a computer that does not fit your needs, not Apple for making an entry level Mac that works for millions of people just not you specifically.

How to connect two displays to my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.