personal hotspot

my personal hotspot is working even after trying the suggested fixes

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on May 19, 2023 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 2:04 PM

zior65 wrote:

i can’t find solution from these suggestions i can’t even find personal hotspot option from my setting and the personal hotspot in the control panel is grayed out

In that case do as the first step in the support document you posted from suggests and contact your service provider and verify they support personal hotspot, and your service plan has the option enabled.

If its not showing up in Settings at all, then its been limited or has not been enabled by your cellular carrier and only they can resolve that issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2023 2:04 PM in response to zior65

zior65 wrote:

i can’t find solution from these suggestions i can’t even find personal hotspot option from my setting and the personal hotspot in the control panel is grayed out

In that case do as the first step in the support document you posted from suggests and contact your service provider and verify they support personal hotspot, and your service plan has the option enabled.

If its not showing up in Settings at all, then its been limited or has not been enabled by your cellular carrier and only they can resolve that issue.

personal hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.