Wallet

Is there anyway I can save my food stamp card to n my wallet

Posted on May 19, 2023 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 4:55 PM

I am currently trying to add my EBT card (Connecticut) to my Apple Pay, however, it is asking me for a three digit security code (like a regular Debit/Credit card would have). I was not given a three digit security code, nir does one appear on my card. I was asked to create a four digit pin to use at register at time of purchase, like you would do with a debut card. Anyone know what I would use for the three digit security code?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 4:55 PM in response to Jeff Donald

I am currently trying to add my EBT card (Connecticut) to my Apple Pay, however, it is asking me for a three digit security code (like a regular Debit/Credit card would have). I was not given a three digit security code, nir does one appear on my card. I was asked to create a four digit pin to use at register at time of purchase, like you would do with a debut card. Anyone know what I would use for the three digit security code?

May 20, 2023 3:28 PM in response to Intriguing_420

SNAP EBT is administered by each individual state. Apple can’t control what states will support Apple Pay/Apple Wallet. You’re welcome to try adding your card. These are the states that say they officially support SNAP EBT, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, and Vermont.

However, in practice, people I know that have tried it in Florida have had mixed results and many times Apple Pay had merchant issues.

Adding your EBT card to Apple Pay is a bit different depending on the device you are using. Here are the steps you need to follow:

On iPhone and iPad:

1. Open Wallet on your iOS device and tap the + button.
  2. Tap “Add a credit or debit card.”
  3. Enter your EBT card number and PIN, and then tap “Next.”
  4. Enter your name, and then tap “Next.”
  5. Review your information, and then tap “Done.”

By following these steps, you should be able to add your EBT card to Apple Pay.

Anyway, remember that not all states or mobile payment apps support this feature yet. In some cases, your EBT card will show in the list, but it is still possible that it could be rejected when trying to pay for groceries. Also, take in account that, even with Apple Play, you’ll only be able to pay the products accepted by the SNAP program.

Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.