Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple TV can't join HomeKit. Stuck at "Syncing to iCloud"

I just upgraded TVos to 16.5 on my ATV 4 HD.

Now it won’t connect to HomeKit. It finds the home but selecting the room it just gets stuck at ‘syncing to iCloud’?

I’ve logged out and back into iCloud. Unplugged and replugged the power. It says the syncing could take a while but it's been over 24 hours. Any suggestions besides resetting to factory defaults and starting over. I don't want to lose all the automations I have set up.

Posted on May 20, 2023 7:54 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 22, 2023 1:22 PM in response to RMCob

Hello RMCob,

Try checking to see if you can access the same Home app related functions within an iOS device that's signed into that same iCloud account, as that can help to indicate if there's a broader issue.

Also check to see if there are any updates available for any of the other devices connected to the account to ensure they have the latest improvements and fixes as well: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Also on the iOS device check to see that Home and iCloud Keychain are enabled in Settings > [your name] > iCloud.

Cheers.

Apple TV can't join HomeKit. Stuck at "Syncing to iCloud"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.