Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My photos on my iPhone are not showing up on my iMac and my iCloud

Hi,

I have just started experiencing a weird problem. I have 2 TB on my iCloud and up until now all the pictures on my iPhone have been showing up on my iCloud, including albums. However, I just realized that a majority of the pictures and albums on my iPhone simply do not show up on my iCloud. The same goes for pictures and albums that I have downloaded to my iMac from late 2013 - most of the pictures are simply gone.

Could someone help me figure out how to synchronize the pictures on my iPhone with the pictures on my iCloud account and iMac?

Thanks a million!

/Marcello

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on May 20, 2023 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 9:55 AM

Thanks for your post! The problem was that I had a shared library with other members of my family. When I deleted the shared library and went back to just having a personal library, I could see all the pictures and albums in iCloud again. I have an iPhone Mini 12 but an iMac from late 2013, so now I have to manually synchronize the pics/albums on my iMac. Any tips on how to make that download faster would be much appreciated!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 9:55 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for your post! The problem was that I had a shared library with other members of my family. When I deleted the shared library and went back to just having a personal library, I could see all the pictures and albums in iCloud again. I have an iPhone Mini 12 but an iMac from late 2013, so now I have to manually synchronize the pics/albums on my iMac. Any tips on how to make that download faster would be much appreciated!

May 21, 2023 2:22 PM in response to soupspoon

Are you using iCloud Photos on all your devices with the same Apple ID?

Which system versions are running on your devices?

If you are using iOS 16 on your iPhone,did yu perhaps enable the shared iCloud Photos Library on your iPhone? Then you will not be able to see the shared photos any longer on a Mac, unless you upgrade the Mac to macOS 13 Ventura and enable the shared iCloud Photos Library on your Mac as well.

May 22, 2023 1:24 PM in response to soupspoon

What I have done to see all photos on all my macs is keeping copies of all shared photos in my personal library. This way I can see them still on my older macs with macOS 10.14 Mojave.

I lke to have copies of my shared photos anyway, just in case someone modifies the titles or keywords I added, or adds different adjustments.Then I have still my original version.

Or you could try to access your shared iCloud Library on your older Macs using the web interface at www.icloud.com and download new photos directly from iCloud.

My photos on my iPhone are not showing up on my iMac and my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.