Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Projector doesn'recognize iPad

I just got a dock connector to VGA adapter, hooked it up to the computer connector of a NEC VT491 projector and just a blank screen appears with the projector. I tried both computer inputs and the direct video with no success. Is the problem this particular projector (which will work with a laptop plugged into it) or is it just the iPad?

G4 1.8 Ghz dual Quicksilver/iPad, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 1.12 GB ram, 1.33 TB storage on 2 internal, 2 extenal firewire, iPad

Posted on Aug 18, 2010 2:19 PM

13 replies

Aug 18, 2010 4:06 PM in response to David M Brewer

Guess I wasted $30 on something that won't ever work.

Makes me wonder why Apple even markets it.

If it is so limited in what it will do, why there is not a disclaimer as to what it can (or can't) do on the package! Would be like buying an extension cord and then finding out after you buy it that it only works with a particular kind of floor lamp. (sarcasm)

Aug 18, 2010 10:07 PM in response to David M Brewer

I read the the iTunes documentation on Goodreader as well as the website documentation (manual) and I never found any reference of using with a projector, but only as a reader of a wide array of document types.

Since the projector would not even recognize my iPad was connected and no mention the Goodreader does anything but just read documents I do not see this is a solution.

Thank you for your input. Perhaps a future release of iOS will bring this support.

Aug 18, 2010 11:17 PM in response to Derryl S

It says in the info for Goodreader ... "It does video and audio out." I have Goodreader and it works. You never did say anything about using and app that supports video out....YouTube app, video app, photo slideshow app. If you iPad doesn't work with those apps/VGA. You need to take your iPad or the VGA connector into an Apple store to be fix.

Message was edited by: David M Brewer

Projector doesn'recognize iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.