Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Restore Workout App on Apple Watch Series 7

Hey, everyone 👋🏻

I accidentally deleted the Workout app on my Apple Watch Series 7. I can't find it in the App Store on my Apple Watch. I can see it in my Watch app on iPhone, but I can't add it to my apps on Watch. How can I get this app back?

Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on May 21, 2023 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 5:07 AM

i found a more quicker solution after realising nothing could work for me, it must be my toddler who has deleted this app, and yes app store does not show up the app, I searched the on my iphone safari browser and got the app link

https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/workout/id1584215851, sent this link to myself using text message, received that link on apple watch and clicked it, got that in 1 min

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2023 5:07 AM in response to LD150

i found a more quicker solution after realising nothing could work for me, it must be my toddler who has deleted this app, and yes app store does not show up the app, I searched the on my iphone safari browser and got the app link

https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/workout/id1584215851, sent this link to myself using text message, received that link on apple watch and clicked it, got that in 1 min

May 21, 2023 3:56 AM in response to chesotka

No for some reason Apple allow you to delete it but it is not in the App Store (I reported that to them as illogical)

You will need to unpair and re-pair, though a forced restart may bring it back.

Start by force restarting the Watch and paired iPhone at the same time:-

Force restart the Watch

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. Then while Watch is restarting,

Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK) 

You may also want to update to OS9.5 and iOS16.5 if you have not already

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support and

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

If it is still missing...

Unpair and set up again

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK) 

and then set up again - takes about 20 minutes

Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK) 

If necessary unpair and setup without restoring the backup

Restore Workout App on Apple Watch Series 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.