You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to import any old photo library to Photos on my Mac mini M2 with Ventura

Unable to import any old photo library to Photos on my Mac mini M2 with Ventura.

The libraries are on a separate disc with Mac OS extended (journaled) But when I try to select they are gray, so it is not possible to select them.

Mac mini (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on May 21, 2023 2:41 AM

14 replies

May 22, 2023 6:39 AM in response to pieter235

You need to tell us what exactly are you doing when you see this Open dialog box.

1) is it in System Setting, in trying to add something to the "Full Disk Access"? - AGAIN, you are only supposed to add the Photos application itself, not the libraries! Press Command-Shift-A to go to the Applications folder, locate Photos in there, select, and click Open.

2) is it within Photos, when trying to import content? It does NOT SEEM to be - if it were it would say "Import" or "Review for Import" instead of "Open".

May 22, 2023 2:01 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Okay, I'll give it a try again: the extended HD, as mentioned before, so inclusieve with the iPhoto library, and with Mac OS extended-Journaled is connected directly to the USB input.

Then I open Settings->Privacy & Security, 'full disk acces' push the + button, give in my password, and push change settings.

Adding at the left side the HD (named 'Naamloos') but then, in the middle column I get to see the content of that HD, but many things are gray, including 'iPhoto-library #12'

Yes it is last opened with Mojave, as far as I can see.

If I try to open the same HD with my old MacPro 5.1 I get the message " you have opened this before, therefore it is not possible to open it now"

I hope my explanation is clear enough because of the language used (dutch to english)

Unable to import any old photo library to Photos on my Mac mini M2 with Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.