Is there a way to lock folders on my iMac?

Is there a way to lock folders on my iMac, so my wife cannot see what's in them? We use one computer and one login.

Thank you

Frank

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 24″, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 21, 2023 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 5:48 AM

It would require a 3rd party application to accomplish IF you both use the same login. You could however accomplish this if you each had your own login. Your's would be the administrator and hers a non-administrator account. Then you can adjust folder security how you wish.

If you continue to use ONE login, there is a program called Concealer that would allow you to create a folder that would require a password to open it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 5:48 AM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

It would require a 3rd party application to accomplish IF you both use the same login. You could however accomplish this if you each had your own login. Your's would be the administrator and hers a non-administrator account. Then you can adjust folder security how you wish.

If you continue to use ONE login, there is a program called Concealer that would allow you to create a folder that would require a password to open it.

Is there a way to lock folders on my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.