How waterproof is Apple Watch Series 1 gen1

I am seeing conflicting statements about swimming with a Series 1 gen1 Apple Watch. Does anyone know the definitive answer?

Apple Watch (1st generation)

Posted on May 21, 2023 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 9:33 AM

Let's make it clear. DO NOT SWIM with a Series 1 watch.

Contained in the link I've attached below is the following:

Apple Watch Series 2 and later can be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean, but you shouldn't use models other than Apple Watch Ultra for diving, water skiing, or other activities involving submersion below shallow depth or high-velocity water.

Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) are splash and water resistant, but submerging these models isn't recommended.

Read this from Apple --> About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

Note: No Apple Watch is truly rated as waterproof. They are ALL water resistant to a certain degree. The Series 1 having the least water resistance. If this isn't clear enough and you choose to take your Series 1 on a swim, make sure you have the budget set aside to replace it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 9:33 AM in response to sbolles4

Let's make it clear. DO NOT SWIM with a Series 1 watch.

Contained in the link I've attached below is the following:

Apple Watch Series 2 and later can be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean, but you shouldn't use models other than Apple Watch Ultra for diving, water skiing, or other activities involving submersion below shallow depth or high-velocity water.

Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) are splash and water resistant, but submerging these models isn't recommended.

Read this from Apple --> About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

Note: No Apple Watch is truly rated as waterproof. They are ALL water resistant to a certain degree. The Series 1 having the least water resistance. If this isn't clear enough and you choose to take your Series 1 on a swim, make sure you have the budget set aside to replace it.

How waterproof is Apple Watch Series 1 gen1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.