Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

how do I view specific backed up items from my iphone

how do I view specific backed up items from my iphone i.e. notes, appointments, apps, etc. I used to be able to view these to make sure everything was backed up before I purchased an new device but cannot remember how I viewed the data.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 21, 2023 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 10:50 AM

It is not possible to view the contents of an iCloud Backup of an iOS device. You can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or to setup a new device.

While you can't view the contents of an iCloud Backup, you can view iCloud synced data as described below.

On an iPhone, iCloud is designed to be viewed by using the apps on the device (e.g., the Files app for iCloud Drive, the Photos app for iCloud Photos, the Notes app for notes, etc.). A Mac is similar except that iCloud Drive is accessed via the iCloud Drive folder in Finder.

You can also use an internet browser and log into icloud.com. What you can access via a browser varies by device. See the information in the following Apple article: Which iCloud.com features are available in the browser on your device - Apple Support

Apple also has an article about managing iCloud storage. See: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 10:50 AM in response to katslim83

It is not possible to view the contents of an iCloud Backup of an iOS device. You can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or to setup a new device.

While you can't view the contents of an iCloud Backup, you can view iCloud synced data as described below.

On an iPhone, iCloud is designed to be viewed by using the apps on the device (e.g., the Files app for iCloud Drive, the Photos app for iCloud Photos, the Notes app for notes, etc.). A Mac is similar except that iCloud Drive is accessed via the iCloud Drive folder in Finder.

You can also use an internet browser and log into icloud.com. What you can access via a browser varies by device. See the information in the following Apple article: Which iCloud.com features are available in the browser on your device - Apple Support

Apple also has an article about managing iCloud storage. See: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

how do I view specific backed up items from my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.