Mouse secondary click set to the left side

I have bluetooth mouse (not a Magic Mouse) connected to my iMac Pro and the right click stopped working. By mistake I have managed to change the secondary click to left side and now the only thing I can do is to right click. I cannot change it back to original setting as the right click does not work and when I click left side, it opens the original right side menu. I don't have trackpad or Magic Mouse. is it possible to somehow change to the original setting please?

iMac Pro, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 21, 2023 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 12:42 PM

You can enable Mouse Keys to be able to change the settings.

Control the pointer using Mouse Keys on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 15, 2024 1:13 PM in response to Peterparker78

The fix linked to in May 2022 assumes you can click on accessibility in the first place. The OP’s issue is if you set secondary click to click left side, you lose the ability to left click (I.e., select) anything at all. Left clicking the mouse is now control-click and right click doesn’t seem to do anything. In other words, click left side makes the system unusable.

The fix is to tab through the options under settings/mouse until you are back to secondary click and then use the arrow keys to change it back to click right side.

Mouse secondary click set to the left side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.