bluetooth keyboard

When I got my Mac 24, it had a small keyboard. Since I do a lot of spreadsheets, I got one with a number pad. I don’t usually travel far with my iPad, but if I wanted to, could I Bluetooth my original keyboard with my iPad?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 21, 2023 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 1:04 PM

Yes…

The Magic Keyboard for Mac works with any iPhone or iPad as long as it runs at least iOS/iPadOS 10.3. Follow the steps below to connect the keyboard wirelessly:

1. Make the keyboard discoverable by flipping the switch on its back off and then back on.
  2. Open the Settings app and tap on Bluetooth.
  3. Select your Magic Keyboard when it shows up under Other Devices.

If the keyboard doesn't appear, check that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPad first. If it's already paired with a Mac, you'll need to unpair it before connecting it to your iPad or another device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 1:04 PM in response to Celtic Fairy

Yes…

The Magic Keyboard for Mac works with any iPhone or iPad as long as it runs at least iOS/iPadOS 10.3. Follow the steps below to connect the keyboard wirelessly:

1. Make the keyboard discoverable by flipping the switch on its back off and then back on.
  2. Open the Settings app and tap on Bluetooth.
  3. Select your Magic Keyboard when it shows up under Other Devices.

If the keyboard doesn't appear, check that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPad first. If it's already paired with a Mac, you'll need to unpair it before connecting it to your iPad or another device.

bluetooth keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.