My apple Watch vibrates but doesn't give me time to double click

Suddenly my Apple Watch vibrates when I try to use it on my Ventura m2macbook pro but before I have time to double click, my watch face is back

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on May 21, 2023 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 2:20 PM

Do you mean you want your Apple Watch to unlock your MacBook Pro, without having to use either TouchID or type your passcode into it? If yes, one does not need to double click anything on the watch to unlock a MacBook Pro.

13 replies

May 21, 2023 3:05 PM in response to tommmy

Have you updated your Apple Watch to WatchOS 9.5 and MacOS Ventura 13.4, which were both released this week and specifically addresses this?

Also to be clear, with Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch, there has never been a need to touch the watch. It does vibrate, for sure, but touching the watch has never been part of it. Just wearing the watch when you go to unlock your MBP, should unlock your MBP. But you do need to update both devices to fix this.

May 21, 2023 3:22 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Both my devices are up to date. You are correct that I don't have to touch my watch to unlock my Mac, but suddenly, I think after the previous OS update to the Mac, it doesn't unlock.

I can no longer unlock 1password with a double click of the watch.

Recently when I try to use touch id, for example to unlock 1password, touching and pressing the power button, has logged me out

My apple Watch vibrates but doesn't give me time to double click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.