MacBook Pro Black Screen

I tried turning on my MacBook Pro 13” (Model: A2159). However, every time I try turning it on the Apple logo comes out and then a black screen just appears with the sound of the computer turning on and off. I have tried to reset and reinstall the macOS but wouldn’t do any change. The keyboard is functioning, but the computer screen doesn't go pass the Apple logo just to a black screen that turns on and off. I have seen the inside of the computer and I’m thinking it might be the battery as there seems to be some weird marking on one side; however, I’m not so sure. Plz let me know, I’ve tried taking it to Bestbuy for a repair but they couldn’t find a solution. Thank you

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 21, 2023 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 2:55 AM

Hi,

It seems to be battery related issue. Resetting SMC could solve your issue.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 2:55 AM in response to lhern_17

Hi,

It seems to be battery related issue. Resetting SMC could solve your issue.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

MacBook Pro Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.