iPhone keeps asking to Update Payment Method

One of my iOS devices kept asking me to update the payment method. No matter how many times I re-enter the credit card details it keeps asking. The billing address is unchanged and appears correct.

A previous thread on this topic had an answer that, at the time, was probably sound but I will answer this question with an update since Apple will not let me resume the previous community thread.

Posted on May 21, 2023 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 7:21 PM

Hello Spackintosh!

You have found a good resource for troubleshooting this issue. However, as it doesn't seem to work for you, I will ask: Have you tried the steps found in this Support Article?

Looking forward to your reply!

4 replies

May 21, 2023 7:13 PM in response to Spackintosh

A previous thread was answered by Level 10 contributor, Lawrence Finch, here: my phone keeps asking me to update paymen… - Apple Community

However, at least with iOS16.5 it seems this troubleshooting list is not sufficient to resolve the Update Payment Details issue.

There seems to be an issue with Apple payments or iOS16.5 as my wallet payment methods have disappeared too.

iPhone keeps asking to Update Payment Method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.