My iPhone battery capacity is grainy

Can I increase my battery capacity

Posted on May 21, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 8:16 PM

No, you cannot increase the battery capacity.

Phone batteries, like all rechargeable batteries, are consumable components that become less effective as they age. You should change out the battery once your Battery Health reaches below 80% which will take over 2 years to reach under normal usage. Until then enjoy your iPhone.

Here is some more reading on an iPhone battery and its performance ➡️ iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Axel F.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 8:16 PM in response to asareisaac

No, you cannot increase the battery capacity.

Phone batteries, like all rechargeable batteries, are consumable components that become less effective as they age. You should change out the battery once your Battery Health reaches below 80% which will take over 2 years to reach under normal usage. Until then enjoy your iPhone.

Here is some more reading on an iPhone battery and its performance ➡️ iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Axel F.

May 21, 2023 8:17 PM in response to asareisaac

Hello asareisaac!

No, you cannot. Please go to: Settings > Battery > Battery Health & Charging. Now, please view the Maximum Capacity, and tell us what it’s at.

Apple recommends that you have your battery replaced, when the battery’s Maximum Capacity reaches 80% or lower. When the time comes, please see: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

My iPhone battery capacity is grainy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.