You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music playing songs I didn’t download

I have an iPhone 12 and when I download and add only one song off of an artists album to my music library, it will play other songs from that album if I’m using shuffle.

Can someone please tell me if there’s a way to stop this ?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 2:49 PM

Ok so when I was in my car today and had shuffle on and looked at the songs in the play next, I did see songs that I didn’t download and they still played.

I’m at a loss for this one 🤷🏼‍♀️

EDIT: I was able to remove them but if I have to do that every time, it’s going to be really annoying.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2023 2:49 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

Ok so when I was in my car today and had shuffle on and looked at the songs in the play next, I did see songs that I didn’t download and they still played.

I’m at a loss for this one 🤷🏼‍♀️

EDIT: I was able to remove them but if I have to do that every time, it’s going to be really annoying.

May 22, 2023 12:37 PM in response to JennaPhoenix

Verify the same Play Next screen when playing a shuffled song to see if the AutoPlay icon is highlighted and also to view what songs it is intending to play next. I do find if I play a song by browsing on Apple Music without selecting it from my Library or Playlist it will play that song and Play Next will show similar songs that I do not have and not give me the option to AutoPlay or not.

Apple Music playing songs I didn’t download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.