Macbook with portuguese keyboard

Hi there! I'm planning to buy a macbook soon, and I would like to buy it from USA.

Although apple's site assure that I can buy the Portuguese keyboard (selecting it in the box Keyboard Language), I would like to see the keyboard in order to be sure that it is what I'm expecting.

Where can I find the keyboard pattern apple will send the portuguese keyboard?

Posted on May 22, 2023 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 8:38 AM

Th3DeveloperBR wrote:

Where can I find the keyboard pattern apple will send the portuguese keyboard?

Magic Keyboard - Portuguese - Apple

Also here.

(Note that Apple stores do not ship outside their own country, in case that is an issue for you)

10 replies

May 30, 2023 10:25 PM in response to Th3DeveloperBR

Th3DeveloperBR Said:

". I’m searching for refurbished MacBooks, to get a discount.. But I didn’t find any with ptbr keyboard layout."

-------

Put a post on craigslist, if you cannot find one.

When Purchasing a Refurbished Mac:

Have the Seller Use this Site: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support. The seller needs to sign theirself out of iCloud on the Mac. Elsewise it will be a brick to you, and you'll never be able to sign out of it, and associate it to your own account. Have the seller allow you to associate this to your own Apple ID prior to handing over the money. If the seller decides to not abide by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction. 

May 31, 2023 10:26 AM in response to Th3DeveloperBR

Th3DeveloperBR wrote:

Yes.

I think Apple's normal keyboard for Brazil is the same as in the US, and you use Apple's Brazilian keyboard layout with it, which produces accents via deadkeys at upper left corner and next to enter key. There's a picture below.

The Portuguese keyboard is different. It is the European ISO form, with a vertical enter key and an extra key next to Z, and uses Apple's Portuguese layout, and produces accented characters via keys over at the right edge.

Are you definitely looking for the European version?

As far as I know, Apple's refurbished stuff only has US English keyboards, at least in the US.

Macbook with portuguese keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.