MacBook Air virus warning notice

Virus varning notice from app System settings! Is Stan attempt to break into my current computer?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 22, 2023 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:50 PM

I understand your point. If you start seeing problems with Safari after an update, I bet the first thing you would do is shut those Extensions off just to verify it is not a software conflict. You have helped many people solve problems they are having and I'm sure some were even Extension conflicts. Running extensions with Safari requires a user to be extra diligent to maintain their system and with your experience I know you are, but some others may not be.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 12:50 PM in response to Kurt Lang

I understand your point. If you start seeing problems with Safari after an update, I bet the first thing you would do is shut those Extensions off just to verify it is not a software conflict. You have helped many people solve problems they are having and I'm sure some were even Extension conflicts. Running extensions with Safari requires a user to be extra diligent to maintain their system and with your experience I know you are, but some others may not be.

May 22, 2023 12:12 PM in response to Sourmos22

If these are sliding in the from the top right of the screen, a site you visited has given itself permission to send push notifications. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

May 22, 2023 12:18 PM in response to Sourmos22

Not an attempt to break into your computer, just a Notification from a website that should not have been allowed. The solution provided by Kurt Lang will solve your problem.

Also make sure you have not allowed undesirable Pop Up Windows at the same location. While you are at that setting there, select Extensions and review those as well. It is best not to have any extensions installed.

MacBook Air virus warning notice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.