Pages thumbnails not working as expected

Clicking on the thumbnails and the page doesn't move where I want.

AND - the wrong page moves wherever it wants.

HELP!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:49 PM

The default template selection in Pages is for its word processing document. There is no thumbnail page movement, or removal in this mode. In the optional page layout document format, each thumbnail is independent of another, represents both a section and a page, and one can drag thumbnails around to change the content flow, as well as remove entire pages with the thumbnail contextual menu.

Two blank Pages template icons are shown below and I have annotated what they represent:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 12:49 PM in response to Shain Fishman

The default template selection in Pages is for its word processing document. There is no thumbnail page movement, or removal in this mode. In the optional page layout document format, each thumbnail is independent of another, represents both a section and a page, and one can drag thumbnails around to change the content flow, as well as remove entire pages with the thumbnail contextual menu.

Two blank Pages template icons are shown below and I have annotated what they represent:

May 22, 2023 1:38 PM in response to Shain Fishman

You aren’t telling me anything I didn’t already know.

In Page Layout view we should be able to move thumbnails around as I have done for years.

BUT - now it’s not working correctly. Click on a thumbnail and a different one gets lifted.

Try to move the thumbnail and it goes somewhere different than where it’s placed.

Obviously, this is a software issue but seems apple has no intention of correcting and fixing.

Is there a round-about that helps to lift the thumbnail you actually want to move and to move it to the placement that you want?

Pages thumbnails not working as expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.