You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good evening, I changed my apple music subscription to family sharing on my android phone, but it is not working, i am unable to share it with any of my family

Good evening, I changed my apple music subscription to family sharing on my android phone, but it is not working, i am unable to share it with any of my family

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:24 PM

3 replies

May 22, 2023 9:20 PM in response to HarduraH-TecH

Hi HarduraH-TecH,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "changed my apple music subscription to family sharing on my android phone, but it is not working, i am unable to share it with any of my family"

Wondering if you have the individual Music subscription or the Family Music Subscription.

Apple support's article:

What types of content can I share with my family? – Apple Support

includes in it's list of what you can share:

Apple Music family subscription. (Seems everyone automatically gets their own library, and can choose what they want to include in it.)

However if you have an "Individual" subscription to Apple Music, that is in the list of what can't be shared.

For family members: what to do :

If you can't find your family's shared content – Apple Support

If needed:

How to: Share Apple and App Store subscriptions with family members on iPhone – Apple Support

How to: Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

How to: Manage Family Sharing settings – Apple Support

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support 

There's a Family Sharing website online:

Family Sharing - Apple 

All the best :-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.