purchase replacement battery

I just want to purhase a replacement battery.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on May 22, 2023 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 2:18 PM

It might actually be possible to get a replacement battery through the Self-Service store operated by a partner of Apple. But it requires a serial number. I checked with the serial number of my 14" M1 and the top case with keyboard and battery was more than $500. I think the trade in value of a returned top case was maybe $80. For that price I'd recommend going for Apple's battery replacement service, especially since they'll make it right if there's a mistake made that damages the computer.

https://selfservicerepair.com/home

But the OP can maybe have a look to see if it might be worth it. I suspect it's not a good deal, but that's not really for me to decide.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 2:18 PM in response to Allan Jones

It might actually be possible to get a replacement battery through the Self-Service store operated by a partner of Apple. But it requires a serial number. I checked with the serial number of my 14" M1 and the top case with keyboard and battery was more than $500. I think the trade in value of a returned top case was maybe $80. For that price I'd recommend going for Apple's battery replacement service, especially since they'll make it right if there's a mistake made that damages the computer.

https://selfservicerepair.com/home

But the OP can maybe have a look to see if it might be worth it. I suspect it's not a good deal, but that's not really for me to decide.

May 22, 2023 1:43 PM in response to jusharra

Apple stopped selling batteries as replacement parts years ago. You cannot buy a genuine Apple replacement battery. You must have Apple do the repair. Their total charges are often far less than a private provider charge for the same service, and you ar assured of geting genuine Apple parts.

Also, if your is a Retina Macbook Pro, the battery is not safely user-serviceable. Even if you can survive the toxic and highly flammable solvents required to unglue the battery, the chances of an untrained user causing fatal damage to other internal parts is sky-high.

Use this form to see if Apple will still perform battery service on your computer model:

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

purchase replacement battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.