Equalization disappeared?

Working with GH6 (stereo audio). If I have a straight audio track (non GH6) I see my 'Equalization' in the audio inspector. And ....

When I'm working with my GH6 clips ... there is no 'Equalization' option in the inspector. I notice I'm also having issues with the stereo audio (recorded to the GH6 with a stereo Audio Technica mic). When the audio comes in with the GH6 clips (ProRes) I have set the Audio Configuration to 'Stereo' after the fact. It doesn't automatically come in stereo. I'm not sure I'm setting it properly in the inspector. In some clips I have better stereo, and in some clips it's almost as if the stereo has been centred, sounding virtually mono.

Maybe I should be asking: "What is the correct protocol when working with GH6 clips coming into FCPX?"

My missing 'Equalization' ... GH6 clip with 'stereo' audio

Non GH6 stereo clip - Equalization back.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 22, 2023 1:43 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 22, 2023 2:02 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hey Tom,

I see it. So the top bar is a shell containing the bottom bars (which are the tracks)? That makes sense, that the EQ wouldn't apply to the collective.

I'm finding these settings confusing. In the upper bar it says Dialogue-1, Dialogue 2. And I've selected 'Two Stereo'.

In the lower bar(s) I see one is Dialogue-1, the other Dialogue-2.

So Dialogue-1 is the upper two tracks 1 & 2 (represented in a single bar).

I'm assuming that Dialogue-2 represents the tracks 3 & 4 ... as the GH6 has four tracks -- and I didn't use track 3&4 so there is nothing there. Have I got that right? If I choose Four Mono then I see four unique mono tracks below.

Though I notice when I add an effect to a clip, like Stereo Spread, it's seen in the top or containing bar, not in the bar below that is the actual stereo track. And one would assume it is affecting all 4 tracks. Grrr. There is something funky about this.

Equalization disappeared?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.