Related Article: About the security content of iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5

Bluetooth Headsets not working for outgoing voice after installed with OS 16.5

Had issues with my bluetooth headset after installed with OS 16.5. People cannot hear me but i can hear them. Tried with 2 headsets that was working before this version. Restart iPhone and re paired 2 headsets to tried after, does not work either with Bluetooth communication for outgoing voice.

Change to iPhone or Speaker works with the iPhone at the moment.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 22, 2023 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 6:34 PM

Bkek78 Said:

"Bluetooth Headsets not working for outgoing voice after installed with OS 16.5: [...]This only happens after installed with IOS 16.5 as per said and i hope this can be resolved soon which seems to be a bug.[...]"

-------

Indeed it is a bug. All another reason to way a couple of days until your install an update.

Report this to Apple

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2023 6:34 PM in response to Bkek78

Bkek78 Said:

"Bluetooth Headsets not working for outgoing voice after installed with OS 16.5: [...]This only happens after installed with IOS 16.5 as per said and i hope this can be resolved soon which seems to be a bug.[...]"

-------

Indeed it is a bug. All another reason to way a couple of days until your install an update.

Report this to Apple

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

May 22, 2023 5:20 PM in response to Bkek78

Bkek78 Said:

"Bluetooth Headsets not working for outgoing voice after installed with OS 16.5"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

May 22, 2023 6:26 PM in response to TheLittles

Those are not the issues on setting as nothing had been changed and tested with 2 working headset that works with other devices on my laptops.

This only happens after installed with IOS 16.5 as per said and i hope this can be resolved soon which seems to be a bug.

To reiterate,

1. The issue is the other party cannot hear you but you can hear them.
  2. This is not the only one time issue but the same for any voice calls using Bluetooth headsets after installed with IOS 16.5.
  3. Lastly, i am not the only one facing this but sharing awareness. I urged the same for those whom also shared with me or your friends to raise the issue as well.

Bluetooth Headsets not working for outgoing voice after installed with OS 16.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.