Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send photos from camera roll using Messenger app

This problem has started fairly recently. I used to be able to select a photo or two or more—click on the Messenger app, type a message, and send it to multiple people. I can do all all of those steps but the screen goes right back to the screen that asks me what I want to do with the selected photos. I go back to Messenger App and the messages and photos never send.

My phone is iPhone 14 pro max. yes, the operating system is the most recent, all of the apps are updated.

is there anyone else with this same problem?

TIA

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on May 22, 2023 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 6:27 AM

I can’t send photos when I’m messaging somebody directly. I also cannot upload photos to Facebook.

and before anybody says it, yes, everything is up-to-date! I do it every single time immediately. It’s this last update that screwed it up! It needs to be fixed. End of story. It’s not us.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2023 6:27 AM in response to MichiganAmy

I can’t send photos when I’m messaging somebody directly. I also cannot upload photos to Facebook.

and before anybody says it, yes, everything is up-to-date! I do it every single time immediately. It’s this last update that screwed it up! It needs to be fixed. End of story. It’s not us.

May 22, 2023 9:57 PM in response to MichiganAmy

MichiganAmy Said:

"Cannot send photos from camera roll using Messenger app"

-------

Troubleshooting Messenger App:

This is a well-known issue. Something Apple likely is working on. The messaging issue is typically occurring between an iPhone and an Android device. iOS and Android are two, completely separate platforms.

So, Report this as a Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Cannot send photos from camera roll using Messenger app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.