DELETE A WORKOUT? RECORDED BY MISTAKE. IT WAS ON OVERNIGHT

cannot delete a workout by swiping sideways, has new iOS made changes to it.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on May 22, 2023 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 12:14 AM

You can delete the data from iohone Health but thr rings and awards will remain.

Open the Health app and tap the Browse tab. 

1.Tap a category, such as Activity. 

2.Tap a subcategory, such as Steps.

3.Tap Show All Data, then tap Edit in the top right-hand corner.

4.Tap the Delete button next to the record you want to delete. 

You can also tap Delete All to delete every record. 

See Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch or Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

If you have false awards that are associated with the data they may not go away. You could go to iphone, Settings, [your name], iCloud, (show all) and turn off Health which will erase all Fitness data on iphone and after restarting turn Health  back on. 

But warning the Rings and Awards  will take days to return and I can't guarantee it won't lose some on the way. I did it accidentally and my false 5K award never came back but  it took over 2 weeks for the year's Activity to recalculate . 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 12:14 AM in response to fitnessap

You can delete the data from iohone Health but thr rings and awards will remain.

Open the Health app and tap the Browse tab. 

1.Tap a category, such as Activity. 

2.Tap a subcategory, such as Steps.

3.Tap Show All Data, then tap Edit in the top right-hand corner.

4.Tap the Delete button next to the record you want to delete. 

You can also tap Delete All to delete every record. 

See Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch or Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

If you have false awards that are associated with the data they may not go away. You could go to iphone, Settings, [your name], iCloud, (show all) and turn off Health which will erase all Fitness data on iphone and after restarting turn Health  back on. 

But warning the Rings and Awards  will take days to return and I can't guarantee it won't lose some on the way. I did it accidentally and my false 5K award never came back but  it took over 2 weeks for the year's Activity to recalculate . 

DELETE A WORKOUT? RECORDED BY MISTAKE. IT WAS ON OVERNIGHT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.