volume keys do not work logitech mx keys

Hi all. Ventura 13.3.1(a) on Macbook Pro M2. The Key MX keyboard works great, but volume keys do not do anything. Is this expected (I doubt it)? Thanks!

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 23, 2023 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:17 AM

thanks. I have options+ installed as well. I spent time with the Logitech technical support people, and they said it was a macOS thing.

Similar questions

7 replies

May 23, 2023 1:02 PM in response to j10c

Hmm, I'm sure they did ... but that explain why it is working with my Mac, running with the same version of macOS that you're running on yours.

Have you tried simply completely uninstalling Options+, and then re-installing it? Otherwise, sorry, I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

The only other thing I can think of is does your Mac properly recognize the MX keyboard?

Feb 23, 2024 8:08 AM in response to j10c

Still having this issue... In my case, I have the audio going to the monitor speakers. But the keys still didn't work when I switched back to the mac internal speakers.

The only way I could fix this is with an open source app I found on github called "MonitorControl". Don't search the app store for it cause the version there just controls the Monitor brightness, but it is part of the same project.

The one I used is located at https://github.com/MonitorControl/MonitorControl/releases/

Note that I have no affiliation with this project (just found it a few minutes before this post) and use open source software at your own risk.

volume keys do not work logitech mx keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.