Can i reset my iPhone passcode without erasing it?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:17 AM

You can only change the passcode if you know the current one. If not, you will need to erase the phone using one of the following procedures.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that option is not available, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 9:17 AM in response to elayna129

You can only change the passcode if you know the current one. If not, you will need to erase the phone using one of the following procedures.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that option is not available, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.