Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

anyone have issues after replacing original batter ? i am receiving message : charging will resume when iphone returns to normal temperature"

anyone have issues after replacing original batter ? i am receiving message : charging will resume when iphone returns to normal temperature"

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:15 AM

iPhones have always paused at 80% when fast charged to allow the battery to cool down, but they didn’t display a message; they just paused until the phone's temperature stabilized. 

With iOS 16.5 and later Apple has added a message SAYING why it has paused. But if you had never noticed that it paused at 80%, then this sounds like the update broke something. It's normal, just more information about why it paused.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 9:15 AM in response to delacruz002000

iPhones have always paused at 80% when fast charged to allow the battery to cool down, but they didn’t display a message; they just paused until the phone's temperature stabilized. 

With iOS 16.5 and later Apple has added a message SAYING why it has paused. But if you had never noticed that it paused at 80%, then this sounds like the update broke something. It's normal, just more information about why it paused.

May 23, 2023 9:16 AM in response to delacruz002000

Was the battery replaced at the Apple Store or authorized Apple Service shop? If yes, take the phone back for more service.

If not, the wrong part was installed. Return to the shop for a refund and then take the phone to an authorized Apple service shop. Please note that they may refuse to work on the phone if they detect tampering by an unauthorized "tech".

Find Locations - AppleAppleFind Locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.