Keyboard Settings Issue

Hi,

I am using an iPhone for the first time and somehow changed the settings such that my keyboard is typing out every word it picks up from the surrounding sounds. e.g. if I try to use Whatsapp while the TV is on, it is forming random words and phrases in between my actual texts. My dictation settings are off.

What can I do here?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 3:40 PM

If you don't use Voice Control maybe check to see if it accidentally was turned it on. There would be a Blue circled microphone in the top left of your iPhone screen if it was On and listening.

To turn it off you can ask Siri to turn off Voice control or go into settings > accessibility > Voice control and turn the green switch off.

With voice control on, that will input text into a text Field just like Dictation would.

Just mentioning is a possibility.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2023 3:40 PM in response to glassonion95

If you don't use Voice Control maybe check to see if it accidentally was turned it on. There would be a Blue circled microphone in the top left of your iPhone screen if it was On and listening.

To turn it off you can ask Siri to turn off Voice control or go into settings > accessibility > Voice control and turn the green switch off.

With voice control on, that will input text into a text Field just like Dictation would.

Just mentioning is a possibility.

Keyboard Settings Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.