How do I stop Siri from giving me a voice response when I activate a scene?

I have a scene setup called Goodnight. This scene turns off all of the lights, several smart plugs, and locks the deadbolt on my front door if it is not already locked. Out of all of the scenes I have setup, this one is the ONLY one that gives me voice feedback. When I am ready to go to sleep, the last thing I want is for Siri to yammer in my ear and say "On it. Setting the scene.". I don't get this response from any other scene. This Goodnight scene is the most complex out of all of the scenes, but that should not matter. I have others that control both lights and smart plugs. They don't give me voice responses. I have tried deleting this scene and creating a new one. I get the same result. There is a pre-built "Goodnight" scene in HomeKit. That is the one I used for this. If I create completely new scene and call it some other random phrase I still get verbal feedback. I don't understand what about this Goodnight scene makes it give this useless and irritating verbal feedback. With the Amazon Alexa devices, we had three options (which Apple does not provide). We could have a verbal response, a chime, or no response at all. We need these options with HomeKit. AppleCare has been zero help. It's clear that Apple didn't intend to give us this kind of granularity with settings. We just have to take what we're given.

Posted on May 23, 2023 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 7:05 PM

There is no option to choose but you can submit a request for them to consider giving options: Feedback - HomePod - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

How do I stop Siri from giving me a voice response when I activate a scene?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.