Apple Pencil 1st Gen not Pairing with iPad 10

I've just purchased an Apple Pencil to use with my iPad 10. Had I looked around online more first, I wouldn't have bought one because I now see that lots of people can't get them to pair. Is there an update for this issue?

Apple Pencil (1st generation)

Posted on May 23, 2023 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 7:13 AM

The 1st gen Apple Pencil is supposed to be compatible with your iPad 10th gen. I am assuming that you are using the following USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter to both pair & charge it ... correct?

If so, and it still doesn't work properly ... and you purchased it within the last 14 days, you can return it for either a replacement or a full refund.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2023 7:13 AM in response to Ceponatia

The 1st gen Apple Pencil is supposed to be compatible with your iPad 10th gen. I am assuming that you are using the following USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter to both pair & charge it ... correct?

If so, and it still doesn't work properly ... and you purchased it within the last 14 days, you can return it for either a replacement or a full refund.

Apple Pencil 1st Gen not Pairing with iPad 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.