Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How To Delete "From My MAC"

Hi, I just synced 2 videos from my non-apple laptop to my iPhone using iTunes. I accidentally deleted the two videos from my computer after I synced them to my iPhone. Now I realized I couldn't delete the two videos from my phone. And in iTunes, In the Movie section, if I choose Don't Sync Movies, none of the two is selected, the storage space bar will indeed go up, but after applying it, nothing happens and the storage bar will quickly become one with the two videos and the videos are still not deleted. How could I fix this problem? Thank you and have a great one.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 23, 2023 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 1:46 AM

It is not possible to delete items from "on My Mac" directly on the iPhone or iPad, as you probably know.

You may have synced the videos from the Photos.app. Have you tried to sync photos from yore computer and sdeselect all albums with videos?

if all fails, and you cannot clear "From My Mac" at all, you could try to use the quick & dirty method and enable temporarily iCloud Photos on your iPhone on the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos. . This will delete everytihng in From My Mac, because we cannot use manual syncing with iTunes together with iCloud syncing. Be careful not to enable "Optimize iPhone Storage" as well, or you will not be able to disable iCloud Photos again, because items may be removed from your iPhone to the cloud. Disable iCloud Photos again, as soon as the "From My Mac" items have been deleted.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2023 1:46 AM in response to TianyiLiu808

It is not possible to delete items from "on My Mac" directly on the iPhone or iPad, as you probably know.

You may have synced the videos from the Photos.app. Have you tried to sync photos from yore computer and sdeselect all albums with videos?

if all fails, and you cannot clear "From My Mac" at all, you could try to use the quick & dirty method and enable temporarily iCloud Photos on your iPhone on the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos. . This will delete everytihng in From My Mac, because we cannot use manual syncing with iTunes together with iCloud syncing. Be careful not to enable "Optimize iPhone Storage" as well, or you will not be able to disable iCloud Photos again, because items may be removed from your iPhone to the cloud. Disable iCloud Photos again, as soon as the "From My Mac" items have been deleted.

How To Delete "From My MAC"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.