Zapf Dingbats update post TrueType issues

Help!!! I have purchased a new ITCZapfDingbats font and cannot get InDesign to recognize it. I purchased Connect Font and used that to clear my font cache. I used Find/Replace in my InDesign document to be sure that the old True Type Zapf Dingbats was not present. But I'm still seeing the black rectangle w/pink highlight indicating that the font is not recognized. I have both shut down and restarted my computer many time. Typically I used FontBook to manage my fonts.I have NO idea what to try next.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 24, 2023 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2023 2:35 PM

WavePainter wrote:

Help!!! I have purchased a new ITCZapfDingbats font and cannot get InDesign to recognize it. I purchased Connect Font and used that to clear my font cache. I used Find/Replace in my InDesign document to be sure that the old True Type Zapf Dingbats was not present. But I'm still seeing the black rectangle w/pink highlight indicating that the font is not recognized. I have both shut down and restarted my computer many time. Typically I used FontBook to manage my fonts.I have NO idea what to try next.

Sounds like a third party issue:

InDesign

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Connect Font

Extensis Connect Fonts Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2023 2:35 PM in response to WavePainter

WavePainter wrote:

Sounds like a third party issue:

InDesign

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Connect Font

Extensis Connect Fonts Support

Zapf Dingbats update post TrueType issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.