Deceased sign in

I have an iPad ( not used for a while) keeps asking to sign in to update with my deceased husbands email and password to appleid

this is my iPad so don’t know why this is asking this

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 25, 2023 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 6:37 AM

As posted:

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2023 6:37 AM in response to WestieArchie

As posted:

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

May 25, 2023 1:12 AM in response to WestieArchie

See -> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

this is my iPad so don’t know why this is asking this

Deceased sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.