Screen saver

I used to be able to use a folder of selected my photos to use as screen saver. Since latest update It no long er exists. Why?

iMac. OS. Ventura 3.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 25, 2023 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 7:52 PM

2007taichi wrote:

I used to be able to use a folder of selected my photos to use as screen saver. Since latest update It no long er exists. Why?

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2023 7:52 PM in response to 2007taichi

2007taichi wrote:

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4

Aug 24, 2023 9:51 AM in response to 2007taichi

I figured it out!!!

From the Photos app:

Go to (in the pull down menu) Photos>settings

Select "Use as System Photo Library" button near the top.

Open Screen Saver in the System Preferences.

Select one of the picture transition options at the top and click the options button (also near the top).

You should be able to select your photos as a screen saver now! This even works with your photos being on an external drive (mine is).

To change the start time of the screen saver, go to "Lock Screen" in System Preferences.

Eventually the option will also appear for the Computer Desktop as while but it took a little bit for it to appear for me.

Screen saver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.