Apple Watch Cellular

I have just bought an Apple Watch SE cellular, but I am in a Tesco mobile phone contract which doesn’t support Apple Watches. Is there a way I can pay for a separate sim to pay for the watch to be cellular through a different network that does support the watch?

Posted on May 26, 2023 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2023 2:12 PM

Minor clarification.

When your iPhone is not nearby, and you are not able to access your home WiFi, the Apple Watch will still function, and track exercise. What is will NOT do, it talk to the Internet when away from your iPhone and WiFi, so no getting weather, phone calls, messages, maps, streaming music, etc...

Personally, I have a GPS only Apple Watch and because I always have my iPhone nearby, I get all the same services my Wife gets with her cellular model, only my Apple Watch just uses my iPhone for network communications when away from home.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2023 2:12 PM in response to Sumsjb

Minor clarification.

When your iPhone is not nearby, and you are not able to access your home WiFi, the Apple Watch will still function, and track exercise. What is will NOT do, it talk to the Internet when away from your iPhone and WiFi, so no getting weather, phone calls, messages, maps, streaming music, etc...

Personally, I have a GPS only Apple Watch and because I always have my iPhone nearby, I get all the same services my Wife gets with her cellular model, only my Apple Watch just uses my iPhone for network communications when away from home.

Apple Watch Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.