Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

shared google documents/sheets not loading in Safari

I use Safari on my M1 MBP, never had a problem before, now any of my companies shared documents won't load in Safari. They work on Chrome and Firefox, so it's clearly a Safari issue.

My OS is up to date.

Google support is useless.

Apple support wasn't much better.

Any advice? It's maddening to not be able to use Safari. Chrome stinks.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 26, 2023 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2023 10:04 PM

I can't help with Google products, but if a website is misbehaving for whatever reason there are a number of fundamental troubleshooting steps to rule out: If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac - Apple Support. Some of them are ridiculously rudimentary but don't overlook the more useful suggestions.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2023 10:04 PM in response to Jowstir62

I can't help with Google products, but if a website is misbehaving for whatever reason there are a number of fundamental troubleshooting steps to rule out: If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac - Apple Support. Some of them are ridiculously rudimentary but don't overlook the more useful suggestions.

May 31, 2023 6:46 AM in response to Jowstir62

Collaboration features incorporated in Apple's iWork products (Pages, Numbers) work well, but they obviously require Macs and iOS devices.

If your company requires cross-platform compatibility, but all Apple and Google can do is point fingers at one another, it leaves them without a solution. Assuming your company doesn't have anything more useful to suggest, and they are not willing to provide everyone with Macs and iPads at their expense, you may want to consider Brave: https://brave.com

Maybe it will work with Google's document sharing services, maybe not, but you don't like it or if it doesn't work you can just drag it to the Trash. Unlike Chrome, it is just a browser. I do not recommend installing Google on Macs.

Jun 1, 2023 12:20 PM in response to John Galt

John Galt,

Thanks for your suggestion to try Brave. I had seen it recommended elsewhere and so your comment is a second in that regard. I downloaded Brave and found that it works perfectly normally with my large, complex, lots of calculations, many-tabs, shared, Google Sheet that won't run on Safari. This same Google sheet runs without problems on FireFox. I am happy to have two options that work, without putting Chrome on my MBP.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jun 2, 2023 2:40 PM in response to John Galt

I appreciate the recommendation, but I'm not sure it's the solution I'm looking for. I still need to open my company's shared google docs & sheets. It's weird, because some will load and some won't. I'll keep searching for the answer.

It's got to be something stupid, like a corrupted preferences file or something.

Thanks again

shared google documents/sheets not loading in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.