Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

macOS Sierra Installer Stuck

I recently erased everything on my HDD from my 2011 iMac and am now trying to reinstall macOS Sierra using recovery mode. Every time I try to reinstall macOS it gets to 100% but then displays the time remaining in negative seconds. I checked the logs and it says that it "Couldn't mount dmg! (error code 110). I was wondering if there is a fix to this or if there is a way I can create a usb that could install macOS Sierra.

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on May 26, 2023 7:52 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 26, 2023 8:31 PM in response to evan-

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Sierra won’t install to SSD, thanks to Eau Rouge…

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251358124?answerId=252770772022#252770772022

Open Terminal (Applications/ Utilities) now copy and paste this command into the Terminal window,

sudo plutil -replace CFBundleShortVersionString -string "12.6.03" /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Info.plist

press return

enter your password

press return

Now paste in the createinstallmedia command for Sierra where MyVolume can be replaced with the name of your USB stick

If your USB name has more than one word separated by spaces you would need to type it in as

/The\ USB\ Name

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app

press return 

follow the prompts

macOS Sierra Installer Stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.