Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Hacked

I have a new iPhone 12. My previous phone was hacked. I have seen a few issues that concern me. How d I secure my iPhone 12 and make sure it is not hacked

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 26, 2023 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2023 9:14 PM

The meaning of “Hacked” is when someone breaks into your iPhone and gains access to the data on your iPhone REMOTELY and without you providing any of your credentials. It is nearly impossible to hack an iPhone (by definition above) unless your iPhone has been jailbroken. If your iPhone has not been jailbroken, then you do not have to worry about it at all. 

The most common mistake that some folks make is to confuse Hacking with getting their login information compromised. In most cases, this is done through scam emails/phone calls/Messages whereby the user is contacted and scammed into providing his/her Apple ID and Password (for example). The perpetrator then moves on to control the iPhone user’s data among other things.

I recommend that you review the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2023 9:14 PM in response to nanette190

The meaning of “Hacked” is when someone breaks into your iPhone and gains access to the data on your iPhone REMOTELY and without you providing any of your credentials. It is nearly impossible to hack an iPhone (by definition above) unless your iPhone has been jailbroken. If your iPhone has not been jailbroken, then you do not have to worry about it at all. 

The most common mistake that some folks make is to confuse Hacking with getting their login information compromised. In most cases, this is done through scam emails/phone calls/Messages whereby the user is contacted and scammed into providing his/her Apple ID and Password (for example). The perpetrator then moves on to control the iPhone user’s data among other things.

I recommend that you review the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Axel F.

Hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.