Why do I find a System update available in the settings section for several days, when I have put this to update automatically? Sometimes it does automatically, sometimes it doesn

Why do I find a System update available in the settings section for several days, when I have set this to update automatically? Sometimes it does automatically, sometimes it doesn't.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on May 26, 2023 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 3:21 AM

I am very aware this is related to a Computer

On 3 Different M1 / M2 Apple Computer I too have Automatic Updates ON and all other Options as per image below to ON

The Parallel that was drawn above to iOS was intended to explain how it works.

The Functionality for Updates between IOS and macOS work much in the same way

Should this not be to the Users liking

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2023 3:21 AM in response to AdrianESNL

I am very aware this is related to a Computer

On 3 Different M1 / M2 Apple Computer I too have Automatic Updates ON and all other Options as per image below to ON

The Parallel that was drawn above to iOS was intended to explain how it works.

The Functionality for Updates between IOS and macOS work much in the same way

Should this not be to the Users liking

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

May 27, 2023 3:13 AM in response to PRP_53

Not sure what you mean by 'Much like is iOS for iPhones and iPad/'?

This is for Macbook Air as mentioned.

It does not ask me for any authentication, normally it does and then I set it to 'try tonight'.

In the case I am talking about it says 'Update available MacOS Ventura 13.4' and then 'Update Now'. Why does it not happen automatically as that is switched on always?

Why do I find a System update available in the settings section for several days, when I have put this to update automatically? Sometimes it does automatically, sometimes it doesn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.