Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

AppleCare+ not available for my MacBook

I have a Mac book that is still under one year warranty. It was recently in repair due to accidental damage but is now fixed by Apple and perfectly fine again. In the store they advised me to take out Apple care+ but when I just tried online it said not available for this product. Can anyone please help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 27, 2023 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 2:12 AM

Has it been more than sixty days? From Apple (Buy an AppleCare plan - Apple Support):

In most countries and regions, you can buy AppleCare+ within 60 days of your device purchase. In Japan, you can buy AppleCare+ within 30 days of your device purchase. In China mainland, you can buy AppleCare+ on your device within 7 days of your device purchase or in an Apple Store within 60 days of your device purchase. (At the Apple Store, you'll need to bring your proof of purchase, and we'll inspect the device.)
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2023 2:12 AM in response to Des2570

Has it been more than sixty days? From Apple (Buy an AppleCare plan - Apple Support):

In most countries and regions, you can buy AppleCare+ within 60 days of your device purchase. In Japan, you can buy AppleCare+ within 30 days of your device purchase. In China mainland, you can buy AppleCare+ on your device within 7 days of your device purchase or in an Apple Store within 60 days of your device purchase. (At the Apple Store, you'll need to bring your proof of purchase, and we'll inspect the device.)

May 27, 2023 7:47 AM in response to Des2570

You will need to check with Apple for your region/country. We are other end users and cannot speak for Apple, but I believe there are still a couple of countries where you can buy the original Applecare for one year after purchase. In regions where the Applecare + is available, you only have 60 days after purchase of the device. You should have checked when you were in the store.

AppleCare+ not available for my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.