Apple TV does not show BBC iPlayer

My model A1469 runs latest software 7.9 (8163), is internet connected, but still doesn’t show iPlayer. What do I need to do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 27, 2023 5:11 AM

5 replies

May 27, 2023 4:46 PM in response to Stortfordbrian

I also wondered about not having an Apple TV subscription.

Apple TV+ content is available to users that have started an Apple TV+ subscription.

Get Apple TV+ - Apple Support

That subscription will give you access to the Apple TV+ catalog of Apple Originals. It doesn’t influence access to BBC iPlayer on Apple devices. It doesn’t influence access to iTunes Store movies and TV shows (buy or rent). It doesn’t influence access to other content providers on Apple devices.

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple Originals - Apple TV+ Press

List of Apple TV+ original programming (episodic/series) - Wikipedia

List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

As I have a BBC license, I can use my laptop and airplay to my Apple TV - until the BBC and Humax 2000T engineers sort out the software issues. These are very slowly being resolved. The Humax is my preferred option.

Humax would not interact with Apple TV; I think it would be devices that you switch between, e.g. by selecting a different HDMI port on your TV.

BBC says to support AirPlay from Apple mobile devices. They don’t mention laptops specifically, so that might be different? How do I activate AirPlay on my iPad, iPhone or iPod touch? - iPlayer Help - BBC

May 28, 2023 10:50 AM in response to Urquhart1244

My Apple laptop will airplay to my Apple TV, then HDMI to my TV. No proble, except it’s a nuisance having use my laptop as the TV program source.

My problem is the Humax/iPlayer software interface. It’s only partially working at the moment, which is why I was trying the Apple TV as an alternative BBC program source.

Sorry I wasn’t concise in my posts. Thanks for your advice.

Apple TV does not show BBC iPlayer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.