Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Purchased movie won’t play

I purchased the movie trolls sometime ago and all of a sudden today, I can’t play it. On my Vizio tv from the appletv app is where I stream from. My iphones and iPads will play the movie but my tv will not now. It keeps giving me an error the content is not available, this type of content is not currently compatible on your device. To play, try again using an apple device…why all of a sudden the error? Why only on this movie?

FireTVStick(Gen2),

Posted on May 27, 2023 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 4:06 AM

The Apple TV app on any supported device should support all the content that is selectable through it.

1. Verify that your TV software and/or streaming device software are up-to-date. If a newer version is available, then older versions may no longer be supported for this app and its content.
  2. Try a cold restart of the TV and/or streaming device.
  3. Else please contact the iTunes Store staff for issues with specific purchased movies.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 4:06 AM in response to sh201119

The Apple TV app on any supported device should support all the content that is selectable through it.

1. Verify that your TV software and/or streaming device software are up-to-date. If a newer version is available, then older versions may no longer be supported for this app and its content.
  2. Try a cold restart of the TV and/or streaming device.
  3. Else please contact the iTunes Store staff for issues with specific purchased movies.

Purchased movie won’t play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.